Monday, July 14, 2008

A Tour?? What?

I found out yesterday that our trip is actually part of a tour. This was news to me. I am not actually a fan of organized tours or Bed and Breakfasts for that matter. I don’t like forced interaction. The tour leader is an English bloke who is very friendly and well intentioned, but talks way, way, WAY too much. Luckily I have my IPOD so I listen to it while I enjoy the breathtaking country side. So while Derrick the guide blathers on, I am enjoying the sounds of Jackstraw, Old Crow Medicine Show and Great Lake Swimmers….great stuff.

We’ve only been here a day, but the Costa Ricans are an amazing people. Unbelievably friendly. Great, great people. One of the stops today was a museum – so I skipped that, thank you very little – and my nephew and I walked around downtown San Jose. Again, been here only a day, but the people on the tour, my fellow Americans, are complete nimrods. Just kidding. They are good people. The bulk of them are from Texas – ‘nough said. Very loud. Very entertaining in a cringing sort of way, but from a distance. I’ve quickly learned how to say in Spanish, “they’re from Texas, we’re from California.”

1 comment:

Vallard said...

Looks like a lot of fun. The pictures look beautiful. I like the blog!
V